In this blog post, I am going to teach you how to attract corporate sponsors. The key to attracting corporate sponsors, quite simply, is to talk about them before you talk about yourself. Before you begin contacting and prospecting sponsors, you must know which businesses are most likely to benefit from an association with you. This means getting a clear handle on who your target audience is. For example, if you’re sponsoring a 5K run fundraiser that will attract mostly women under the age of 40, create a list of businesses in your area that market their products and services to that group as well. Down below is a list on how to how to attract corporate sponsors.
- Tell a story first and grab the reader’s attention.
- Research the company specifically and connect to its goals; and
- Promise deliverables with economic outputs that connect to their bottom line.
- Preparing internally so your organization can put its best foot forward when the time comes to reach out to sponsors.
- Deciding how to approach corporate sponsors initially, begin the conversation and ask for corporate sponsorship when the time is right.
- Taking steps to continue the relationship and creating attractive opportunities for sponsors to provide further support.
- Ask for money. They don’t call you to ask how much money you want,” Sophia Davis said. “A sponsor once said to me, ‘If I don’t see a menu of prices, I throw it out.'”
- Don’ sell yourself short. Ask for $5000 to $10,000 from each sponsor. “I see people asking for $500,” said Sophia Davis” That’s not going to cut it. You’re dealing with a well-paid person in a corporation. It’s not worth their time if you’re asking for $300 or $500.” I also advise asking for a year-long program, not just a single event: “Make it a whole year, because then you don’t have to keep going to the well.”
- Always follow up. So many people lose deals because they don’t follow up.
- You can’t help anybody until you help yourself. Until you’re financially secure and strong, you can’t help all the people you want to help. Corporate sponsorships are a way to make you strong and give you the resources you need.
- Last Steep. You should make a video and post that video on your website. Now videos are a great way to tell people what kind of sponsorship you are searching for.
The bottom line. Corporate donations are business transactions. So your proposal to them should be much different than a grant or an appeal letter to an individual. It should outline exactly what your impact is. Now, if you are a company. And would like information on people who can sponsor your products, then click here. The B&D Product & Food Review website forums have some useful information on how to attract corporate sponsors. So you should check out the B&D Product & Food Review website forums. Now, if you would like to learn more about sponsorship, then go to forbes.com.